Is the expiration date of your medical marijuana card just 2 months away or less?
If the answer is yes, then it’s about time you set up your recertification appointment with the Missouri DHSS.
The DHSS necessitates the annual renewal of medical marijuana cards of patients, which comprises the need for recertification by a licensed cannabis physician.
The fully online renewal process doesn’t require more than 10-20 minutes to fill out the form.
Following is the step-by-step process of medical marijuana card renewal in Missouri:
1. Sign in to your Account
- Visit the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Service’s Complia site by clicking here: (ask the client for the website link)
- Enter your username & password. In case you can’t remember the password, click forgot password and enter your username to reset the password. If you don’t know the username as well, then contact DHSS at 866-219-0165.
2. Complete & Submit Patient Renewal Application
- Click on the ‘Create New Application link located on the screen’s left side. After that, click on ‘Patient.’
- Select the ‘Patient Renewal’ option, followed by clicking on the ‘Create Application button.
- Pick your patient license number from the drop-down menus (in most accounts, only 1 patient license number will be displayed).
- Examine details of the General Information & Contact Information tabs. The information you submitted previously will get uploaded. If no changes are to be made, then updating the information is not required.
- Next, you should check the Physician Information Tab. Please ensure that you alter the certification type from manual to electronic. After that, wait 2 days for your information to be uploaded to the Missouri state website.
On successful uploading of the information, it will show up when you click on ‘View Available Certifications.’
3. Upload All Documents
- Now, it’s time to upload your documents. First, click on the ‘Upload New’ button adjacent to the document you are looking to upload.
- Make sure your digital photo is a clear & color photo captured in the past 3 months with a white or off-white background, akin to a passport photo or driver’s license. Photos with sunglasses and/or hats are not considered to be valid.
- Furthermore, as proof of being a Missouri resident, you will have to upload your Missouri driver’s license or state ID or Missouri DMV registration, or utility bill.
- Lastly, upload your driver’s license, state ID, or passport as a Government Issued Photo Identification Card.
- Click on ‘Choose File’ to search for and pick the correct document(s).
- On selecting all the documents, click on the +Upload! Button.
4. Review, Submit & Pay
- Once you have furnished all application data requirements that are denoted by a red ‘X,’ you can submit your renewal application.
- You need to click on the tabs present at the top of the page to open the particular screen for sharing the necessary application data.
- Finally, click on the ‘Pay & Submit’ button located at the base of the page to submit your medical marijuana card renewal application. A $25 fee is charged for the renewal of a patient ID card.
- On making the successful payment, you will be redirected to the online system and get a submission confirmation.
- The approval for renewal will be sent to you by the state department over email, and it’s usually provided in 30 days or less.
Hence, submitting the renewal application at least a month before the expiration date is recommended to avoid inconvenience.
Want to buy medical cannabis products for the treatment of your health condition?
Apply for a medical marijuana card and purchase 100% legal medical cannabis from our licensed cannabis dispensaries in Missouri. Call us at +1 (816) 775-2920 today.